“All happiness depends on leisurely breakfast” ~John Gunther~
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. It’s something which I can eat for dinner as well. My usual breakfast is eggs or toast with avocado spread.
I know you must be thinking baked avocados with eggs???? But trust me, I had the same feeling when I heard about it. Avocados and eggs are one of my favorite ingredients for breakfast. The creamy and buttery avocados makes it perfect for dips and spreads and eggs is a popular breakfast dish for most people.
Today is one of those lazy Sundays after a late night Saturday when I just wanted to keep it simple and easy. So I decided to bake sunny side avocados which is eggs baked in avocados which I wanted to try for past few months. I enjoyed this simple and delicious brunch with a warm cup of tea and lazed around rest of the Sunday afternoon relaxing.
- 1 large avocado
- 2 small eggs
- Olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- little bit Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit
- If avocado is small the remove little bit of the pulp to make room for eggs.
- Drizzle little bit olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Carefully crack open the eggs into the avocado without puncturing the yolk.
- Drizzle little oil on eggs and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the egg is almost done but the yolk is still soft.
- Drizzle little bit of balsamic vinegar and enjoy while still hot.
- I had mine with baked rosemary sweet potatoes and toast with garlic spread (a great substitute for butter).
- You can eat it as it is or with any salad or carbs of your choice.